The Rockwall County Open Space Alliance (RCOSA) is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) non-profit group born out of the Open Space Alliance initiative created by the Rockwall County Commissioners Court in 2012.
The RCOSA Board of Directors currently has twelve members:
- Nell Welborn, President
- Dale S. Morgan, Treasurer
- Becky E. Burkett, Vice President & Acting Secretary
- Robert DeJean, Project Coordinator
- The Honorable Brian Williams
- Garvin Tate
- Lorne Liechty
- Judy Evans
- Kevin Shepherd
- Jerry Wimpee
- Stephen Geiger
- Alma McClintock
RCOSA meets on a quarterly basis. We currently meet in the Community Room of the American National Bank of Texas location at Ridge Road and Horizon Road in Rockwall, Texas.
State, local, and national planning and conservation groups offer assistance and input. Outside paid consultants may be used when a certain level of expertise is required.
- North Central Texas Council of Government
- The Trust for Public Land
- The Connemara Conservancy
- National Park Service
- State of Texas Parks & Wildlife