The Rockwall County Open Space Alliance (RCOSA) is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) non-profit group born out of the Open Space Alliance initiative created by the Rockwall County Commissioners Court in 2012.
The RCOSA Board of Directors currently has five members, but will be expanding in the Fall of 2016 to include up to 15 additional board members:
- Nell Welborn, President
- Charlie Pratt, Vice-President
- Becky E. Burkett, Secretary
- Dale S. Morgan, Treasurer
- Robert DeJean, Project Coordinator
RCOSA meets on an ad hoc basis currently, but will have quarterly meetings starting in January 2017. We currently meet in the Community Room of the American National Bank of Texas location at Ridge Road and Horizon Road in Rockwall, Texas.
State, local, and national planning and conservation groups offer assistance and input. Outside paid consultants may be used when a certain level of expertise is required.
- North Central Texas Council of Government
- The Trust for Public Land
- The Connemara Conservancy
- National Park Service
- State of Texas Parks & Wildlife